So this is interesting. Fast forward a few months from my last post, and the script is not only written, but I shot the first 25 minutes and have a teaser, rough cut, a production company, fancy producers, and press. A thousand tales of challenges and overcoming obstacles to get here, but cool to know that in just a few months, you really can make your dreams a reality.
Here’s the article: http://theemeraldmagazine.com/2017/01/pot-fiction
And here’s our poster:
Spent tonight absorbing spoken word poet Kate Tempest. She kills. Made me inspired to write a poem.
ATTENTION WITH NO INTENTION
In on a Friday night / Words consume me / I wanna fight / excuses are bruises in my sight / I have a light / I work so hard to cover up, fear of being bright.Smoke rings, fire sings / I now know love, I now know the right / It’s being with me, it’s being with he. Making art for the thrill of it, not for the sell of it / Cheap ideas, expensive faces / They bleed for ads, don’t know other places / But I know the right, I’ve lived the fight / I know the real, is staying in on a Friday night.
Last night I was up til 5am on a spiritual journey, the details of which I cannot reveal. The lessons were large, the wisdom at times overwhelming. So to take a breath I’d like to share a few small things that have been on my mind:
- I recently did an apartment redesign and put oil lamp sconces up on my living room to create a wall of light. I was imagining how cool and dramatic this would look, but now that they’re up, the shadows from the scones are the most interesting part about the design, dancing along the walls like dark birds…because sometimes in life the shadows are as beautiful as the light, ya dig?
- I feel like if I met her, Beyonce would be my friend.
- Last week I paid WordPress $3o for the No Ad Upgrade, so there won’t be advertisements on my blog. This is my forum for expression, and I’m not going to commodify it so someone else can make a few bucks.
- Lately I’ve been putting into action several self-improvement desires I had at the new year. All’s going well, except I wonder what I will face when all my excuses are removed?
- From one of my favorite books, A Survival Guide for Landlocked Mermaids: “Duality dwells at the heart of all truth, so dance with your inner paradox” … “Yearnings are the navigated states of the visionary and precede the sojourn to fulfillment” … “An open heart is seldom lonely”
- This is my living room redesign, and the red heart hug pillow I got at IKEA. I like that the friendly squishy hug is the first thing I see when I come home. A few times when I’m lonely I’ve put the pillow arms around me and it was just as good as a human hug.
By the sea / beneath the yellow and sagging moon
I’ll be there in a dress too short / that you’ll remove too soon
You’ll wear your suit of brown / and your hair of gold
I’ll meet your eyes directly / if I can be so bold
You’ll approach slowly / I’ll sense your cologne
I’ll have a doubt / know I should be alone
But instead I’ll flutter and flounce / pretend to be a vixen
But you know and I know / that’s just a pleasant fiction
Maybe you’ll be different / won’t be cruel / won’t be coy
And we can find love together
just a girl, and a boy
These are lines I wrote in 2009 in a red notebook, in the middle of the night. Tonight I found the red notebook, it had fallen behind a dusty trunk. I wrote the poem about someone I was falling in love with. I miss that person and know we’ll probably never talk again because I screwed it all up. Mystery, mystery, matters of the heart.